Avalon Consulting, LLC is seeking consultants and developers with MarkLogic or XQuery experience to join our rapidly-growing Washington DC office, located in Vienna VA. This is an opportunity for someone who works well with clients, is interested in learning new technologies, and who can apply your development experience to new platforms for managing unstructured data.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a technical consulting capacity or similar technical field
- 5+ years as a developer using Java, C/C++, or similar languages
- 2+ years heavy XML development using XPath, XSLT, or XQuery
- Experience with MarkLogic or other NoSQL databases
- Expertise in Solr/Lucene, IDOL, Elasticsearch or other enterprise search engines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Client-facing consulting skills
- Track record of project delivery and innovative problem solving
- Experience with dynamically changing/growing organizations
US Citizenship is required. A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required and advanced degrees and certifications are a plus.
- Developing and enhancing web applications involving content processing, content delivery, search, mobility solutions, social media, and information analytics
- Installing, configuring, tuning, customizing and troubleshooting enterprise content/search server platforms
- Integrating web applications with other enterprise systems
- Collaborating within the project team and with clients to define and deliver solutions
- Creating and maintaining project documentation including technical designs
- Coordinating delivery of solutions into production systems and ensuring knowledge transfer to clients
- Collaborating within Avalon to seek input from other experts and share your expertise
We offer market-competitive compensation, performance incentives, and a full benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance; holidays & vacations. All inquires will be kept confidential.
Avalon Consulting, LLC implements Big Data, Web Presence, Content Publishing, and Enterprise Search solutions. We are the trusted partner to over one hundred clients, primarily Global 2000 companies, public agencies, and institutions of higher learning. Avalon is known for providing clients a superior engagement experience through a combination of business acumen, intellectual curiosity, collaborative work style, and strong partnerships with award-winning vendors.