Avalon Consulting, LLC is currently searching for a NoSQL developer in the Chicago area. This is an opportunity for someone who works well with clients, is interested in learning new technologies, and wants to work at a collaborative and growing company. In this role you will work with all of the latest big data and NoSQL tools to provide solutions for Fortune 500 and Federal clients. The right candidate will not only possess technical experience, but also a great positive attitude, a solid work ethic, and a willingness to deliver a first rate product to the client’s satisfaction. You will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle including technical specification, design, development, release/version control, testing and deployment.
The ideal candidate will have experience with No SQL databases or enterprise search tools.
Required Skills and Tools
- Experience with hadoop and related big data tools
- Java, J2EE, Springs, and other Java frameworks
- Experience with SQL, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl
- Comprehension of version control systems such as CVS and Git
Non-required useful skills
- Experience with No SQL databases
- Experience with search engines like Lucene/SOLR
- Experience with Business Intelligence or Data Warehouses
- Experience with Pig, Hive, MapReduce beyond HelloWorld examples
Experience and Capabilities
- 1-2 years experience with NoSQL or hadoop development
- 3-5 years experience with web application development
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to clients
- US Citizenship required
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required and advanced degrees and certifications are a plus.
Avalon Consulting, LLC transforms data into business results by implementing Big Data, Web Presence, Content Publishing, and Enterprise Search solutions. We are the trusted partner to over one hundred clients, primarily Global 2000 companies, public agencies, and institutions of higher learning. Avalon is known for providing clients a superior engagement experience through a combination of business acumen, intellectual curiosity, collaborative work style, and strong partnerships with award-winning vendors. We offer market-competitive compensation, aggressive performance incentives, and a full benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
PRINCIPALS ONLY. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.